Biography Of Felix Idiga
Born: Felix Chidi Idiga, June 30, 1963. Amifeke, Orlu, Imo State, Nigeria.
Occupation: MD/CEO JAFAC Group – Involved in Dredging, Marine, Logistics, Asphalt Production and Sales, Road/Bridge Construction, Equipment Sales/Leasing, Building Construction, Offshore Services;
Vessel, Tanker Vessel, Tug Boats, Barges, Security Boats services, etc. Agriculture – Rice Farming. Hospitality Industry, Aviation.
University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria.
Dorben Polytechnic Bwari, Abuja, Nigeria.
Parents: Chief Felix Okoro Idiga and Late (Mrs) Theresa Ukachi Idiga
Spouse: Chief Lady Mrs. Chinyere Idiga
Children: Four (4) – Dr. Juliet, Sandra, Felix (Jnr) and Dr. Sharon
Religion: Christianity – The Roman Catholic Church
Philanthropy: The JAFAC Foundation
Website(s): www.jafacgroup.com ; www.jafacfoundation.org
GROWING UP AND EDUCATION
Felix Idiga attended St. Mary’s Primary school, Amaifeke, Orlu, 1972 to 1977 and later proceeded to secondary school. He was unable to complete secondary school in one stretch due to his natural quest for business and entrepreneurship.
Consequently, he ventured into the business world in 1984. With the help of his father, he was provided him the initial capital to start up a house utensils business in Onitsha. Inevitably, in June 1987, he went over to Lagos State, Nigeria to seek for greener pastures and to diversify his growing business.
Later, he ventured into importation by traveling to Europe to import certain goods like designer shoes and apparels.
Felix later went back to school, Pre-Varsity Education Centre, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja in 1990, to complete his disrupted secondary education.
He later proceeded to University of Lagos, Akoka for his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, and also attended Dorben Polytechnic Bwari, Abuja, Nigeria to study Business Administration & Management.
A) JAFAC Group of Companies
As Chairman/CEO of JAFAC Group, which is made up of the following
• JAFAC Motors Nigeria/ JAFAC Auto Inc. USA
• JAFAC Wine
• JAFAC Construction Limited
• JAFAC Investment Nigeria Limited
• SWAT LINK’s Limited (Maritime)
• Swat Technology Limited
• Global Private Jet Charter
• JAFAC Hospitality Industry (Galpin Suites & Hotel)
Felix is sitting atop of these eight incorporated limited liability companies with a staff strength of 328. In 1989, he established and incorporated JAFAC Data Systems and JAFAC Car Accessories, being his first two companies.
He incorporated JAFAC Automobile in 1990; he also in 1990, ventured into wine importation, excelling in all. In 1997, he spread his business tentacles to Palmdale, California, United States of America, where he opened JAFAC 98 Cent Groceries store. The same year, the ship of JAFAC Conglomerate birthed in Victory Boulevard, Los Angeles, USA via JAFAC Auto Inc.
In America, Felix found a home and carved a business niche in a foreign land. His businesses progressed, as his chain of enterprises
flourished and expanded geometrically in America.
Encouraged by his business successes, he opened Lady J’s Beauty Spa (Hair Center) in Palmdale, California, which eventually expanded to Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, Lancaster, all in Southern California, USA.
In 2001, Felix opened American Unique Staff provider, a staffing agency in three different locations: City of Van-Nuys, City of Santa
Anna and City of San Bernardino, all in California, USA, with a staff strength of 138, comprising of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurses, Elderly/Child Care Workers.
Between 1998 and 2000, Felix took the following training courses in
Southern California USA:
1) Business Administration
2) Human Resources
3) Anger Management
4) CPR/First Aid
i) JAFAC Construction Company
In 2008, Felix opened JAFAC Construction Company Ltd, with cooperate office at Km. 18 Airport Road, Igwuruta, Port Harcourt.
Today, the company has built very solid and durable roads, bridges in Niger Delta States.
ii) JAFAC Oil and Gas
Felix is also a major player in the Oil and Gas sector, where his company – SWAT Links Limited is a supportive instrument to both
indigenous and multinational Oil companies, offering the following services :Dredging, Marine Logistics, Offshore Services, Vessel and tanker vessels, Tug boats barges, Security boats, Shore Protection, Asphalt production and sales, Equipment leasing, Procurement, etc.
iii) Aviation Sector
In 2013, the JAFAC consortium ventured into aviation – Aircraft leasing and general aviation. The operational base of Global Private
Jet Charter Limited is in the East and West African Region.
In Nigeria, Felix has also helped to develop a policy of achieving sustainable agricultural and food security. In 2006, he collaborated with Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to cultivate and produce rice massively in Ini Local Government Area (LGA) of Akwa
In the process, he also helped to develop a policy that encouraged human capacity development. The success stories of this rice farming in Akwa Ibom led to the extension of the project to five other Niger Delta states, empowering over seven hundred (700) men
and women and laying a solid foundation for sustainable development in agriculture/rice farming in the region.
Felix Idiga has helped to articulate Federal Government/NDDC Rice Revolution Project, building a mega Rice Mill in 2010, the biggest
Rice Mill in West Africa.
In 1999, he founded JAFAC FOUNDATION, a nexus through which he and his wife, Lady Chinyere Ada Idiga extends caring arm of hope and empowerment to the needy and less privileged. Offering scholarships to indigent students, from primary to university level, providing free medical care, equipping the youths with skills and capitals, empowering market men and women.
THE JAFAC FOUNDATION
Motto: Privileged to save souls.
Mission: To enhance the quality of lives of Nigerians by supporting initiatives that will improve access to health and educational
• To enhance community health care by providing free medical/ health services.
• To improve on the quality of education of children and young people.
• To alleviate the extreme poverty in communities across the country (starting from Orlu Zone) by providing portable water and encouraging their education.
• Empowerment of men and women by promoting sports, music, arts, skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development programmes.
Felix Chidi Idiga believes that life which doesn’t touch others is not worth living, hence he cofounded Jafac Foundation with his wife, primarily to touch lives positively.
The following are some of his acts of charity and philanthropic
• Empowerment of 2,765 market men and women across the 12
LGAs of Orlu Zone.
• Jafac Foundation organised a skills acquisition/learning programme on bead making, wire works, cinematography, cosmetology, soap making, cream making, powder and perfume making, snailry, computer operations, flower vase manufacturing, film making and hair dressing. This time around, over 500 persons benefitted.
• Jafac Foundation provided free eye and optical care for over 200 people.
• Jafac Foundation awarded scholarships to over 135 persons in primary, secondary and tertiary levels across Orlu Zone.
• Jafac Foundation paid hospital bills for indigent people (in and out patients) across hospitals in Orlu Zone. Over 200 persons were
• Jafac Foundation sponsored ‘Women Cultural Dance’ in 12 LGAs that made up Orlu Zone. Participants won fabulous prizes.
• Jafac Foundation sponsored football talent hunt/soccer competition across Orlu Zone and exceptional talents were discovered/harvested.
• Jafac Foundation provided basic remedies to the needs of people such as foods, monies, and financial respite to hospital patients in Orlu Zone.
• Jafac Foundation has assisted many less privileged homes in Orlu Zone.
• Over 1000 persons have benefitted from Jafac Foundation’s continuous reach outs intervention programmes to indigent people
(money, foodstuffs, rent payments, etc).
• Jafac Foundation has empowered many individuals with motorcycles and buses.
• Provided free computers and reviewed wheelchair ramps for the disabled in Orlu Zone.
• Provided brand new bus to the Catholic Women’s Organization (CWO), Orlu Zone.
• Provided solar lights, householders, transformers, and drainages.
• Provision of free buses to hospitals such as IMSUTH.
• Rebuilt and Renovated Churches.
ROADS /INFRASTRUCTURES FACILITATED BY CHIEF FELIX IDIGA
• Ihie link road, Ohaji Egbema.
• Obiakpu – Ihie link road, Phase 1.
• Agbor-Ikor, Unueze road, Phase 1.
• Ohaji Egbema LGA.
• Fish gears /boats, Ohaji Egbema.
• Rufus Obiakor Road, Amaifeke.
• Amailia Unuokwelle road.
• Old Orlu /Owerri road, Orlu LGA.
• Okwu-Emekuku road, Mike Dad road, Orlu LGA.
• Ndokwere road, Amaifeke, Orlu LGA.
• Nwaeku road, Okermeje, Orlu LGA.
• Umuduru Internal roads , Okposo, Orlu LGA.
• Ibenye internal roads , Orlu LGA.
• Oleme internal roads, Orlu LGA.
•Anuhinu Amaifeke – Ihioma Link Road, Orlu LGA.
• Unuezeala Ogwara Road, Ehine Mbano, Imo state.
• Okporo High Court Road, Okporo, Orlu LGA
In 2008, the efforts of Chief Felix Idiga made the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to begin awarding road and other
projects hitherto sited only in Orji Egbema Oguta to non-oil producing communities in Orlu Zone. Presently, Chief Felix Idiga has facilitated over 28 verifiable projects within and outside Orlu Zone.
In 2015, Chief Felix Idiga contested for the Imo west Senatorial Zone under the Accord Party. He later went on to support the All Progressive Congress (APC) on a State and Federal level.
He holds the following grassroot positions in the State (Imo):
•State Leader, APC (Imo)
•Amaifeke Ward Leader, (APC)
Felix Idiga is also the Founder, Chairman/National Coordinator of Good Governance Ambassadors of Nigeria (GOGAN), an advocate of good governance in Nigeria.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
Felix Idiga holds the following awards and Honours:
• The prestigious ‘2001 California Businessman of the year Award’ by the National Republican Congressional Committee as a top United
States Business Leader who successfully integrated business and financial success.
• Orlu Zone Youth Movement (Patron), ‘Philanthropist of the Year
Award’ – 2005
• Imo Business Forum, ‘Industrialist of the Year Award’ – 2010
• Nzuko Odimma Igbo Forum, ‘Pillar of the Igbos Award’ – 2007
• Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) and Chartered Fellow, Chattered Institute of Public Resources, Management and Politics (CIRMP)
• ‘Award of Fellowship’ by the African Institute of Strategic Management (AISM)
• ‘Icon of Diligence Award’ by the National Parliament of Igbo Students (NIPS)
• Frontline Express Newspaper – ‘Most Outstanding Philanthropist Award’
• Nobel Global News Magazine – ‘High Profile Excellent Legacy Award’
• African Youth International Dev. Foundation (Patron)
• APC Woman/Youth North West ‘Award of Excellence’
• Sir Ahmadu Bello Platinum Leadership Award of Excellence as Icon of Nation Building/Humanitarian Services by Northern Youth Council of Nigeria (2018)
• Akuatuegwu 1 of Amaifeke – Not Afraid of Wealth (Igbo Land)
• Nkwa Chukwu Kwere Orlu – God’s Promise to Orlu People (Igbo Land)
• Baba Alaanu of Adekunle Lagos – Man of Good Heart (Yoruba Land)
• Garkunwan Matasan Arewa Najeriya (By the Arewa Youth Council of Nigeria) (Hausa Land)
• Knight of Saint Mulumba (KSM) of the Catholic Church
A false allegation was made against Felix Idiga in mid September 2014 when an online medium reported that his private jet was used by the then President, Goodluck Johnathan’s administration, to smuggle the sum of $9.3m from Nigeria to South Africa.
The allegations was however disproved by the
presidency and found to be all lies when even the owner of the seized plane, Pastor Ayo Oritsejefor came out to declare the plane in question belonged to him. Goodluck Johnathan’s administration later admitted they permitted the cash for purchase of arms to fight Boko Haram in the Northeast. Felix Idiga also provided evidence and flight plans to show that his plane was no where in South Africa around the time of the allegations.